Reduce the appearance of lines, add subtle volume and give yourself a more lifted and youthful look
Our dermal fillers are effective to enhance your appearance to look fresher more youthful and last for up to 6 months. Here are our prices and please read below for more information about the treatment.
- Lip enhancement: £200 for 1ml syringe or £155 for 0.55ml syringe (filler requirement to be discussed at consultation)
- Nasolabial folds or marionette lines: £200 per 1ml syringe (filler requirement to be discussed on consultation)
- Mid face rejuvenation including cheekbone enhancement: £250 per 1ml syringe. Please note this treatment area usually requires 2ml using a cross section of fillers and will cost £400
- Extra 1ml syringes are charged at £150 as a one time offer and must be taken within 1 month of treatment
What are Fillers and how do they work?
As a child, we are blessed with plentiful amounts of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) in our body, but as we get older this store of HA diminishes, leaving the skin less well supported, and so lines and wrinkles develop. Dermal fillers are clear hyaluronic acid based gels that are injected into the chosen area to reduce the appearance of lines, adding subtle volume and giving your face a fresher, more lifted and youthful look.
In the hands of an expert they can also be used to add definition to the face and are very effective in producing more pronounced cheeks and fuller lips.
Hyaluronic Acid has numerous properties making it the perfect component for dermal fillers, these include:
- It is the same molecule throughout all species.
- 100% non-animal origin
- Extremely hydrophilic (it can absorb up to 1000 times its weight in water )
- Maintains skin elasticity
- Temporarily increases collagen production leading to a skin firming effect.
Dermal fillers are available over a range of viscosities and the correct one will be carefully selected for you by your practitioner, based on the area you wish to have treated and your desired outcomes. There are a huge number of dermal fillers on the market, many of which are substandard in terms of quality and lacking any robust evidence behind them, hence their apparent cheaper cost. At PharmAesthetics we only use FDA approved dermal fillers meaning you can rest assured you are receiving a high quality, evidence based product manufactured by a reputable pharmaceutical company.
We use dermal fillers to treat a wide range of areas including:
- Lip body
- Lip border
- Fine lines (including smokers lines)
- Nasolabial lines ( nose to mouth )
- Lower mouth lines (marionette lines)
- Cheek enhancement
- Jaw and chin contouring
What does the treatment involve?
If you are considering dermal filler treatment before you proceed any further you should always consider the safety, expertise and integrity of your practitioner and the quality of the product used. These issues can all be discussed at the time of consultation.
Based on the initial consultation you can expect the following on the day of treatment.
- Skin cleansed and make up removed ( we do ask that if possible you don’t wear make up on the area to be injected)
- Anaesthetic cream applied to help numb the area (depends on the area to be treated).
- Marking up of the area to be treated (based on facial assessment)
- Injection of the filler via a pre-filled syringe through a small needle.
- Gentle massage of the filler to contour and give the desired result.
- Treatment usually lasts 30-45 minutes.
- Results usually seen immediately (some areas can take a week or so to reach full potential).
- No downtime (can return to work straight after if needs be).
It is important to note that the treatment with fillers is completely reversible and here at PharmAesthetics we possess the ability to dissolve the filler if required. With any injectable treatment, there can be some slight bruising or swelling that accompanies it but these effects usually wear off quite quickly and can be covered with make up if desired.
Who would this treatment suit?
Facial fillers can be used on a wide range of patients, and are primarily used for skin rejuvenation and the reduction of lines and wrinkles. Other suitable candidates are those seeking to add structure and volume to the face. I see a lot of patients who have lost volume in their face due to living a very active, high impact lifestyle (such as runners). Fillers help to restore the volume loss that naturally begins to occur when we reach our late thirties, and in turn gives a fresher, brighter appearance.
What results does the treatment aim to provide?
- Natural and subtle results
- An enhancement of what you already have. ( we still want you to look like you)
- Results last from 6-18 months (depending on area treated, skin type and lifestyle of client).
Who should avoid this treatment?
The risk of complications with fillers is quite low meaning almost anyone can have treatment. There are a few instances however with which treatment would be contraindicated.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women (lack of evidence to support use in this group)
- Known allergy/hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid or any of its components e.g. lidocaine.
- Active skin infection (e.g. cold sores)